Teachers tell us that these strategies are the most effective for creating a safe and undistracting environment for the Daily Beats:
- Ask students to make a habit of getting their devices and headphones ready as soon as they get to class.
- Invite students to close their eyes, but make it clear that they can keep their eyes open if that makes them more comfortable.
- Have everyone start the Daily Beat at the same time, ideally as soon as class begins.
- Dim the lights until everyone is done.
- Consider putting a sign on the door asking students who are late to class to wait until the Daily Beat is done before they come in.